No person shall use the hooter of a vehicle except when such use is necessary on the grounds of safety.
You may not use a light motor vehicle on a public road unless-
• it is equipped with a warning device (hooter), which is in good working order and,
• when used, capable of emitting a sound, which is clearly audible by a person of normal hearing from a distance of 90 metres.
• Sirens or warning devices that play a tune may not be used in private vehicles.
EMERGENCY WARNING DEVICE (SIREN)
The driver/rider of a motor vehicle shall give immediate right of way to all emergency vehicles sounding a siren and displaying emergency warning lights.
The following vehicles are regarded as an emergency vehicles-
• a fire-fighting vehicle (red warning light),
• a fire-fighting response vehicle (red warning light),
• a rescue vehicle (red warning light),
• a emergency medical response vehicle (red warning light),
• ambulance (red warning light),
• vehicle driven by a traffic officer in the carrying out of his or her duties (blue warning light),
• a vehicle driven by a person while engaged in civil protection (green warning light).
Seatbelts are compulsory for children and adults. Persons 3 years of age and younger should be seated in a baby car seat.
If seatbelts are fitted, rear-seat passengers must wear such seatbelts whilst the vehicle is driven.
No adult shall,
• occupy a seat in any motor vehicle unless such person wears a seatbelt:
• occupy a seat on a row of seats, which is not fitted with a seatbelt, unless all other seats on such row which are fitted with seatbelts, are already occupied.
The driver of a motor vehicle shall ensure that a child seated on a seat,
• where it is available, uses an appropriate child restraint, or
• if no child restraint is available, wears a seatbelt when available.
If a seat, equipped with a seatbelt, is not available, the driver shall ensure that a child shall, if such motor vehicle is equipped with a rear seat, be seated on the rear seat.
It is not compulsory to wear a seatbelt while reversing or moving in or out of a parking bay or area.
The driver of a motor vehicle shall ensure that all persons travelling in such motor vehicle shall wear a seat belt.